To our valued customers:
At Royal Oak Golf Center, we work hard every day to provide a relaxing environment, friendly faces, and great customer experience. We remain dedicated to that mission while we are all impacted by the coronavirus outbreak. As fellow members of your community, we stand with you. We take seriously our role in minimizing the spread of coronavirus, keeping our staff safe, and providing an experience that allows our customers to continue enjoying Royal Oak Golf Center with confidence.
We are writing today to emphasize that the safety of our community, guests and staff is our top priority. We understand the global concern and uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus disease, and our hearts go out to those already affected. We are committed to being proactive in our approach to maintain everyone’s safety during this devastating outbreak.
We are carefully following the recommendations of local health agencies as well as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization in an effort to protect our employees and our customers.
Community mitigation strategies are crucial to slowing the transmission of coronavirus disease in Michigan, particularly before a vaccine or treatment becomes available. These strategies provide essential protections to individuals at risk of severe illness and to health care and other critical infrastructure workforces. Preventing a sudden, sharp increase in the number of people infected with disease will help minimize disruptions to daily life and limit the demand on health care providers and facilities.
Everyone has some measure of responsibility to help limit the spread of this disease. Even individuals who are healthy can help prevent the spread of the disease to others. Michiganders have been preparing for this outbreak for weeks, and everyone should continue to take the following basic personal-hygiene measures to prevent the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid handshakes and contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick.
The onset of the current pandemic has led us to make our sanitation protocols even more vigilant and we are taking these additional proactive steps:
- We will significantly increase the frequency of our sanitization in ALL areas with particular emphasis on “hot spots” and will use a sanitizing solution recommended by the CDC to create the safest possible environment for our customers and staff.
- We will continue to adjust our procedures/processes as well as enforce social distancing in accordance with the current recommendations.
- We are monitoring the situation daily and will respond to changes as fast and responsibly as possible.
- If infection emerges, as is widely predicted, we are prepared to work with health agencies, care providers and our employees and communities to follow process and protocol to mitigate spread and care for those exposed.
- We have developed policies to be supportive of our staff who may need to be away from work.
- In addition to reminding our staff about proper handwashing procedures, we are asking everyone to increase the frequency with which they wash their hands.
- We have carefully communicated to our entire team that their health and safety are of utmost importance and shared additional recommendations from the CDC with our staff on ways to protect themselves and others, which include:
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are or could be sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Our commitment remains focused on the health and well-being of our customers as well as our staff. We strive to continually provide an incredible experience for those customers visiting us. In addition, we are prepared to respond quickly on an as-needed basis to do our part in mitigating the spread of the virus. Should circumstances change at any point we commit to communicating with you quickly and openly.
Our goal is to ensure you remain confident in Royal Oak Golf Center and trust that the health and safety of our customers and staff is a priority in everything we do.
Thank you for your patience and commitment during this extraordinary time. We will monitor coronavirus developments and make adjustments as necessary to help keep our staff, customers, and communities safe. We are in this together.
We want to ensure your peace of mind and very much look forward to seeing you soon…until then, stay safe and be well.