Matt has been playing golf since he was a young child, and is now a vastly experienced professional instructor. He qualified as a professional instructor in 2000 and has worked at top golf courses in Arizona, such as Desert Canyon Golf Course and Talking Stick Golf Course. Since 2002, Matt has focused his energy on teaching in Royal Oak, Michigan and has built up a large and loyal client base.
He has had the opportunity to work with world class coaches and has built a thorough knowledge and understanding of golf technique. Matt is passionate about coaching, and his relaxed and uncomplicated style has helped his clients to achieve fantastic results. For the past decade, Matt has taught children through his North American Junior Golf Academy which he founded in 2010. Private lessons include working with beginners, advanced mini tour players, and every golfer in-between.
In the winter months, Matt is the General Manager of Fraser Hockeyland. Also, he has experience working with JRV Consulting, Inc. which is the industry leading sports facility management and facility development consulting group. JRV Consulting helped design the University of Notre Dame’s Ice Arena, Anaheim Ducks practice facility, New Jersey Devils Prudential Center and more than one-hundred other ice arenas around North America. In addition to JRV Consulting, Matt’s past includes being the Director of Hockey of the Little Caesars Hockey Organization.
Matt believes in teaching from the green to the tee. Students are first taught the shorter strokes of the game, and then work their way to the tee where the longer strokes are used.
- Visual analysis of lesson with video teaching capabilites
- Short game and full swing for all skill levels
- Great with kids and adults, beginners and advanced players
- Matt has developed/coached numerous High School State champions.
- 20+ years experience as a golf instructor
- 20+ years in the golf industry
- Degree in Golf Complex & Operations Management from San Diego Golf Academy
- Several years of competitive playing experience, including more than 50 tournament entries
- Shot a 69 at San Marcos Golf Course in 2001
Quote from Matt
“A bad day of golf is better than a good day of work.”
Please call Royal Oak at 248.549-GOLF to schedule a lesson! Or email Matt at: Info@RoyalOakGolfCenter.com